Monday, February 9, 2015

Washed In The Blood

It Is Written, Matthew 20:28, for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
The only way for man to be forgiven of sins, was by the sacrifice of Jesus. That sacrifice included the blood of Jesus which washed away all of our sins. It didn't stop there though.
Jesus death and resurrection also gave us the possibility of total salvation, and eternity with Him. All we had to do, was accept Him as our Savior and confess our sins with a contrite heart.
Grace came from God and awakened us to Jesus and salvation. Before Jesus, no amount of good works by man, could do that. Another benefit of what Jesus did, was foretold by Isaiah in chapter 53. By His stripes we were healed.
Many religions today teach that miracles are no longer happening. They speak mostly of divine healing. They say that healing stopped when the apostles died. The fact is, Jesus commanded the apostles to preach the word, heal the sick, cast out demons, raise the dead, and do all that He did and more. Jesus said that to the apostles, and all believers. There is no such thing as time of Jesus, everything is now.
I used to think that if I witnessed what happened to Jesus, I would have taken towels and soaked up Jesus blood. Then as time went on, I would touch people with a blood covered towel in Jesus name, and their afflictions would be gone. I believe this with all my heart.
I think about this quite often. One day not too long ago, I thought about the fact that I was washed in Jesus blood. I then reasoned that I was in fact like a towel soaked in Jesus blood. I was also commanded to do what Jesus told the apostles by virtue of the fact that I am a believer.
As I read in a prayer I once posted. "I am a channel of living Gods love and power." When I pray for a person to be healed, and lay hands on them, Jesus blood, love, and power is transferred to them through me, and they are healed. How do I know? Jesus said so. He never lies, and He never said no.
So my friends, walk in the spirit through Jesus, and make a difference. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment