Thursday, February 5, 2015

Jesus Is Security

It Is Written, Job 15:31, let him not trust in futile things, deceiving himself, for futility will be his reward.
Most of us are at a great disadvantage to start out with. I am not talking about where you live, your race, your sex, or your family. I am talking about the education from the world that you started out with.
The world claims to have the answer to true happiness. The old philosophy of do what it takes no matter what, is alive and well today. Only today you can add, no matter who it hurts.
Money has become the source of security for a lot of people.  Every day you hear about get rich quick schemes, and investments of all kinds. The stock market, lotteries, and many other ways to get rich. The world says you are lazy and a fool if you aren't greedy, and trying to grab all you can.
So that is how most of us faced the world, and people still do. Forget the family, pursue success at any cost, and embrace the new God. The Almighty Dollar has replaced the Almighty God. The other day I was thinking about money versus God, and the area of real security. I must say I haven't thought about money as security for a long time.
Just to give yourself an idea of what I mean, put yourself in these situations, and answer, money or God.
You have cancer. Who are what will save you? You're in the storm. Again who or what will save you? Your son is on drugs. Who or what will save you? Your daughter ran away. Who or what will save her? How do you get to heaven.? Who or what will get you there?
Maybe you think this is foolish. Let me tell you, if you don't pay attention to things like this as a way of helping you figure it out, maybe you are a little foolish. You can probably come up with some examples that are going on in your own life right now. It would be a good idea to read Ecclesiastes and Psalm 49:6 – 11 to get a better picture. .
After having spent many years on this Earth, and playing the game, praise God, I  finally realized the only true security in life is Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my life as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment