Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Blink Of An Eye

It Is Written, Luke 12:20, but God said to him, "fool! This night your soul will be required of you, then who's will those things be which you have provided?"
This verse is from a parable Jesus told about a certain rich man. I must admit that every time I read this verse, I get chills. It is something most of us don't consider.
The average person goes about their life doing what they feel is right. If you ask most people about Jesus, and the Bible, they reject both as irrelevant in these times. They make their own rules, and look to satisfy all of their desires. Society gets to the point as it is mentioned in Isaiah 5:20, 21, that good becomes evil, an evil becomes good.
Why people cannot accept the fact that Jesus wants everyone to come to Him is baffling. Jesus uses every means to reach people, including these messages. Remember you are ultimately responsible for your own destiny.
This morning as I walked into my office, I heard the Holy Spirit in my heart say "do you realize that in the blink of an eye, you could be in eternity? People need to be reminded of that".
Sudden death happens all the time. You inhale here, and exhale in eternity. You don't get a do over. You go where you decided to go while you were alive. You don't get a final warning. You choose right now who will claim your soul. Eternity is forever.
Most preachers talk about the rapture, and how you must always be ready, because you never know when Jesus will come. You may be one who scoffs at the idea of the rapture, but don't fool yourself, death comes the same way, unannounced.
Imagine how you would feel if you woke up at night and discovered that you just entered the bad place forever. Really think about it. Forget pride and nonsense you heard from the world. Where is the ticket you bought taking you?What if  you discovered that you foolishly bought the wrong ticket on purpose?
You probably have seen doomsday preppers on TV. One thing they all have in common is, they all seem obsessed with preparation to survive while everyone else perishes.They don't get it. They cannot hide at the end. It is all folly.
You on the other hand, can be the ultimate doomsday prepper. Come to Jesus, repent, and accept Him as your Savior. At that point you will know where you are going, and you will not fear death. You will live in the peace of the Lord in your heart. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. Amen.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment