Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Everything Belongs To God

It Is Written, Romans 9:21, does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
One subject you hear mentioned quite a lot by preachers is tithing. Tithing is a bad subject to most people. I suspect that the problem is money, and most people want to hang onto it. If you have gone this far, bear with me a little further. I have in recent weeks, come up with an idea that you hardly ever hear about. Maybe you never heard it put this way.
Start out with the fact that God is the creator. As the creator, He gets to decide everything. Hard to argue that. Everything we are or have comes from Him. Without God, we do not even exist. Since He is God, everything He created is His.
Just to refresh your memory I would like to give you two more quotes from the Bible concerning tithing and the fact that it is required by God. Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed me! But you say, "in what way have we robbed you"? In tithing and offerings. In Leviticus 27:30, and all the tithe of the land, whether the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, it is the Lord's. It is holy to the Lord.
These verses got me thinking about my own life, and how God looks at it. I'm not speaking for God, I'm speaking what I believe. Make up your own mind as to what is right for you.
When Jesus was on earth,He looked at a person's heart. He wants us to give from the heart just as He did, happily not grudgingly. Give in proportion to what He has given you. You will find all of this in the Bible.
When you wake up in the morning, it is a gift from God. Give Him the first part of your day by talking to Him. Maybe even just 15 or 20 min., to start the day. Everyone has time to do that, just get up a little earlier if you have to.
Everyone can give time back to God. When you help someone, you are kind or thoughtful, it is all a gift back to God. Speak to God during the day. Even a simple "thank you Lord" counts. Put yourself in God's place. How would you like your creation to treat you? God is not asking for everything you have, He does in fact reward giving. We should not however, give with the motive of getting back. Remember God sees your heart.
It is said, "you can't out give God". That is a fact. You will find you get more, satan takes less, your time is more productive, and on the blessings go.
So you may want to think about your situation. We don't hear about giving anywhere near as much as getting from God. Whatever it is, you can't get a crop without planting seeds. Planting seeds includes everything. Plant kindness and you get kindness, plant forgiveness and you get forgiveness, seed is not just money. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment