Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hit by Lightning

It Is Written, Proverbs 17:3, the refining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the hearts.
If we watch programs  like the ones on the Trinity broadcasting network, we see people talking about their past life, and when and how they came to the Lord. Stories of overwhelming peace and joy, healings of body, mind, and the spirit. They are excited talking about it, and you have no reason to doubt what they say.
Okay. You were saved too. Your life maybe wasn't as messed up as some of these people.  You didn't feel the overwhelming joy, you weren't healed from some disease, what's wrong? Wasn't your salvation real? Did you do something wrong?
At one time I used to feel left out somehow. I was jealous of the people I saw and heard about. Why them and not me? Did  God love them more? I felt depressed every time I heard one of these testimonies. I listened to CDs, read the Bible, etc. I prayed about it. The Holy Spirit gave me an answer that changed it all for me.
Just as in the time of Jesus, miracles were needed to get people's attention. The same thing is true today. It seems the worse you were or are, the more profound the experience. God knows where we are in our faith, or lack of it. He doesn't play favorites, so nobody is better than someone else. The answer is simple. Just as each of us is special in God's eyes, each of us has a custom plan for us. That plan created by God, according to our need. Just as each of us has a unique, one-of-a-kind DNA, we have our own plan. No one is left out. Some of us have His plan so embedded in our spirits that our spirits get happy and dance around.
I got over being jealous. I trust God that others get what they need, and I get what I need. Just as we are all different, God's plans take that into consideration. We all have salvation, and the important thing is we take it by faith, we cannot go by feeling. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment