Thursday, February 26, 2015

Little God, Big God

It Is Written, Nahum1:7, the Lord is good. A stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.
This title may seem a little unusual because of the words little God in it. The fact of the matter is, the majority of believers have a little God. God is what we make Him in our lives. I have heard it referred to as keeping God in a box. Before you get all upset about this, let me explain, then you decide how big God is in your life.
Let's start out with this. How well do you know God? I mean really know Him. Let's compare Him to people in your life. You know people, that is you know their name, where they live etc. Then there are a few people you really know. You know how they will react to different things, whether you can trust them, if you can count on them in a pinch. Is it someone you trust enough to stand by them no matter what? Will they stand by you?
Knowing, God makes a big difference in how you treat Him. If you only know of His existence, He is very small in your life. Just as you work on a relationship with certain people, you need to work on a relationship with God. That relationship begins with meditating on His word. Start out by really observing His goodness and power in creation. You are surrounded by it.
People who have been misled, believe in evolution. They claim that everything happened by itself without the need of a God. If that is true, let me ask this. If you have a serious illness, you have two choices. You can wait for evolution to heal you, or ask God to heal you. By the way, doctors and what they do are a creation of God. Even doctors talk to God.
Next question. How much time do you spend every day talking to God or learning who He is? I am not talking about time measured by a clock, I am talking about time measured by your heart. It is said in Proverbs 23:7 as a man is in his heart so is he. The fact is, whatever is in your heart the most is your God. If your excuse is that you are so busy, you don't have time, maybe you need to rethink who or what is your God.
Quoting Bible verses that you heard someone else say, without saying them with faith from your heart, is a waste of time. I hear people say they cast the devil out of themselves many times during the day. I question that. At the mention of Jesus name, by a true believer, satan flies out of their so fast that he can't leave soon enough. satan knows if you are a real threat to him, or you are just talking.
When you have a true relationship with Jesus, you talk to Him during the day as you talk to the person you love most. It isn't just reading the Bible or kneeling in prayer. As Jesus said, He abhors our offerings that are not sincere. There is a lot more, but for a another time.
So, let me ask you this. How big is your God? Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment