Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Helper

It Is Written, Isaiah 30:21, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "this is the way, walk in it". Whenever you turn to the right hand, or whenever you turn to the left.
I was like many other people. I didn't really operate with the Holy Spirit. I don't know if it was because I never gave real thought to what Jesus said about Him, or I thought I could do anything by my own thoughts or skills. At this point, it may have been a combination of ignorance of the spirit, and a large helping of pride.
As I think back, there were many times, thoughts came to my head that I just dismissed. I followed my own plan. I went over 20 years of really bad health. So bad it became depression. For more years than that, severe financial pressure. All through this torture I was hearing, but ignoring that little voice. While satan was beating me, the Holy Spirit was trying to save me, and thank God He eventually did, when I finally accepted Him.
One day not too many years ago, I was talking with my wife. It was a casual conversation. All of a sudden I heard myself saying, God must really love me, because He protected me from myself. All of a sudden I could look back and see how all the pieces fit together. That really was the perfect plan for my salvation. If only I had listened and paid attention to that voice sooner.
For some years now, I have learned about the Holy Spirit, and why Jesus sent Him so long ago. I've been healed of diabetes that required taking insulin. I had a heart problem that went away. I have been blessed beyond measure. Many times, the impossible became reality.
You may think I exaggerate. You would be wrong. Every single word is true. There is one condition however. You must put aside what your brain thinks, and listen to that small voice. Trust that voice, if it agrees with the Word. I found out that I don't know better, and I count on the Holy Spirit for everything now.
The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom to take care of whatever comes up. He guides us, so that we follow God's plan for us. He does help us in all things. I have asked him for help to get out of a mess I got into on my own. Even something like a plumbing problem that you think you know how to fix.
Counting on and trusting in the Holy Spirit, will allow you to do what Jesus told us to do in His name. You also come to realize perfect peace in your heart. If your heart is at peace, and  is filled with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, satan has no power over you. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer Of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment