Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Holy Spirit, God's Gift to Us

It Is Written,1 Corinthians 2:4, and my speech and my preachings were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.
When someone comes to Jesus and is saved, they also receive the Holy Spirit. Many people either don't know that, or they were like me at one time. I thought it must be a good thing, but I really didn't have a clue about what it really meant.
When you stop and think  of the momentous thing that happened when you came to Jesus, it is almost too much to take in. As a result, you miss out on a lot of blessings. The fantastic thing that takes place then , shows how much God loves you.
Think about this. When Jesus was on this Earth, He did what the Father told Him to do. All of the miracles that Jesus did, including His resurrection, were done by the power of the Holy Spirit. Before Jesus went back to heaven, He commanded the apostles to carry on His work, through the power of the same Holy Spirit. Starting to get the picture?
The Holy Spirit starts out giving you gentle nudges. In His quiet voice He starts to guide you. He understands that it may take a while for you to catch on. He puts desires in your heart, such as finding out about the Holy Spirit and what He does. After a while, you occasionally say two or three words to Him.
Again some time goes by. It is different for each person, depending on the effort you put into knowing Him. As you come to know Him, you get a strong desire to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, your life changes. I am not talking about changes against your will, or anything like that. You just become a much better version of you. Without realizing it, you start to become more like Jesus.
I started to talk to the Holy Spirit regularly during the day. When I drove into a parking lot, I asked Him to find me a good spot. I guess you might say that this was a small test. He did. Naturally it grew from there. I started talking to Him as I would my best friend and constant companion. My  faith really started to grow.
As I said when I started to write these messages, I felt led by the Holy Spirit. As I said before, I am not a writer or a preacher. I just believe the Holy Spirit was guiding everything I wrote, and no matter how many or how few people read the messages, He chooses the ones He wants to read them. You might say I am just His pen.
I have found a surprising number of people who don't agree with me about the Holy Spirit, or baptism in the Holy Spirit. I just feel that it is their loss. The Holy Spirit calls, we decide if we answer or not.
The Holy Spirit isn't our slave. He is our guide and helper. The first thing every morning, I ask Him for wisdom and guidance in everything I think, say, and do. I feel so close to the Holy Spirit, I don't know what I would do if He stopped helping me. Praise God, He won't.
The Holy Spirit always comes through. No matter how impossible something looks, it is easy for him. When I ask Him, as far as I am concerned, it is finished. You could not talk me out of it. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment