Thursday, February 15, 2024

Never Too Late

Philippians 4:6-7, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

People have all sorts of ideas when it comes to God and prayer. Even some Believers have doubts about prayer and what God can do and will do.

It is also true that many people have a blasé type of attitude about death. People though are generally in denial or feel that they have plenty of time. Unfortunately for them, you cannot avoid the truth.

Last week Sunday started out in a very positive way. Suddenly, a man I know fell and ended up in the hospital with serious health issues that were not caused by the fall. I don’t know if he avoided the issues or what happened, but it was not caused by the fall.

This man’s wife was praying for years that he would find Jesus as his savior. Now he was unable to talk and waiting to see the Lord Jesus Christ. No one knew if he was really saved.

A relative of his had a message on his heart from God to go and pray for his salvation, so he went. He told the patient about Jesus and asked the man if he understood. A weak nod said yes. Then Came repentance, and the salvation prayer, again a positive nod. He then told him, that Jesus was waiting to see him.

The patient had heard about the baptism in the Holy Spirit and asked whether he wanted it or not. Yes, was the reply. At that point it was felt that he was saved to the happiness of the whole family. Later that day the doctor said he would not recover, and hospice was the next step. That came three days later.

I tell you this true story to show how someone could go from a normal life to death’s door. I believe the fall was Almighty God’s wake up call. He was going to die from several serious issues without being saved or even realizing he had serious issues.

Almighty God gave him a final chance by making him aware of his relationship with God, and how he didn’t have a relationship at that point. He has gone to meet his loving maker and will undoubtedly be welcomed into Heaven.

I tell you this true story just to show you how in a split second everything can change. Almighty God in His mercy does give us a chance all the way up until our final breath. As I said many times before, none of us knows when that final breath will be. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Jeremiah 29:11-13, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

 Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

 My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of those sins, and I thank you and praise you for paying the debt that I owe with your death and Resurrection to make my salvation possible. 

Amen 

Praise The Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment