Thursday, February 8, 2024

Growing In Faith

Romans 10:17, Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Have you ever given thought to how a Christian grows in the faith? Almost no one is instantly transformed into the image of God. It takes time and effort to grow into faith and trust.

I like to use a parent and child as an example. A child is born and at the same time discovers how to grow. Then comes walking. Walk, fall. Walk, fall. After a while curiosity kicks in.

A child naturally wants to explore their new and exciting life. Energy seems Limitless and the parents are proud at each step that the child takes and cheers them on.

 A child growing up really doesn’t care about their progress in comparison to another child. A child is usually concerned about pleasing the parent.

God almighty is a proud parent cheering us on. He helps us at every stage in our new birth in Christ. God does not compare one to another. He just wants us to grow and love Him enough to trust Him.

If almighty God does not judge us by our progress compared to someone else, we shouldn’t either. God sees the heart, and since He is the creator of everything, He gets to judge what is right and wrong. 

If you want to get a good start on your faith growing, I suggest you read, meditate, and practice the following verse.

Galatians 5: 22-23, The Fruit of the Spirit is love, Joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such, there is no law.

When you have salvation, the Holy Spirit comes into your heart and manifests these special gifts. Don’t forget, to be successful in anything you must work at it. Faith is no different.

Matthew 6:33, Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

 Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of my sins, and I thank you and praise you for what you did to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment