Tuesday, February 6, 2024

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Modern Good Samaritan

Luke 10:30-35, Jesus answered and said “a certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed leaving him half dead. Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise, a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan as he journeyed came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. So, he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine, and he set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And the next day when he departed, he took out two Denari and gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, take care of him and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you. So, which of these three do you think was a neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?

Most of us have heard the story of the Good Samaritan. We probably wondered why he did it, and maybe wondered what we would have done.

If you look closer, you will realize that the people, a priest and a Levite, both religious people, passed the half dead man. The Samaritan helped the person that probably hated him because he was a Samaritan. Jews and people from Samaria had a very strong dislike of each other.

We can think of ourselves as helping the injured man because we are Christians. Really? It is easy to get a pretty good idea of what we really would do.

The world is full of hurting people. Everyone is hurting in some way, even you. Ask yourself these simple questions.

Would I help someone who is not like me? Does color, race, religion, sex, matter? Would I just give money, and my time and effort.

Are we, you and I, helping, or just talking? The parable of the Good Samaritan was taught by the Lord Jesus Christ, to open the hearts and minds of people of all generations. Hurting, isn’t just physical. A kind word or action that helps people, who are depressed, lonely, feeling like a failure, goes a long way.

Yes, prayer is always the answer. Have you ever thought you are the answer to someone’s prayer? God chose you, so you are blessed, and you are part of God’s blessing to someone else. As the saying goes, it doesn’t get better than that. But that does not happen just sitting around thinking about it. You must show by example how much you love God. If you reflect Jesus’ light to others, some will in turn do the same, and so on. God bless you and your family.  Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all of my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of those sins, and I thank you and praise you for what you did to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment