Sunday, February 25, 2024

God's Promises Sunday

Like Sheep

Psalm 23:1-6, The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His namesake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

The Lord Jesus Christ constantly refers to His people as sheep. The reason for using sheep as an example, can be easily understood by the following verse.

Psalm 100:3, Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who made us, and not we ourselves, we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Sheep have often been described as docile, afraid of everything, and having the reputation of getting lost. Add to that the fact that they do not have a way of protecting themselves.

Psalm 23 is a story as seen through the eyes of the sheep. Everything in their life depends on a shepherd. People have a lot in common with sheep.

Isaiah 53:6, all we like sheep have gone astray; and we have turned, everyone, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Jeremiah 50: 6, My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray; they have turned them away on the mountains. They have gone from Mountain to Hill; they have forgotten their resting place.

In this secular world, everyone is out in a world that is dangerous, and lawless. Hatred and violence with no way to defend yourself as the way sheep without a shepherd would have to live.

We are not sheep in the literal sense, we are like sheep in the spiritual sense. Fortunately, we have a spiritual Shepherd that loves us more than He loves Himself. That spiritual Shepherd is our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 10:15, Jesus speaking.  As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the Sheep.

Matthew 9: 36, But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.

As you read Psalm 23, picture yourself as a sheep. Then compare it to your life. Do you have the great loving Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ in your life? A sheep when it dies it is all over. When we die, we have eternal life with, and because of our spiritual Shepherd the Lord Jesus Christ. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of my sins, and I thank You and Praise You for what You did on the cross to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment