Sunday, February 4, 2024

God's Promises Sunday


The Big Plan

Genesis 1:27-28, So God created man in His own image, and the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them be fruitful and multiply; fill the Earth and subdue it, have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the Earth.

When you read the creation story, verses 27 and 28 tell you about God’s plan. In the Garden of Eden, when God spoke to Adam, He also assigned some tasks to Adam.

When God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, I am sure God didn’t mean just them, and only for a short while. When God gave them dominion over every living thing, once again I believe it wasn’t just for a short while.

I believe that our Lord God Almighty, creator of all things, had a plan for thousands of years to come. I believe God’s original plan was for man to expand the garden to cover the entire Earth.

If Adam and Eve didn’t sin, and continued with God Almighty the way it was before the sin, it would have happened.

When God gives someone a task, no matter how impossible it may seem, He will give personal directions, and all the tools necessary to accomplish the task.

After Adam and Eve sinned and had to leave the garden, mankind and the whole world, started satan’s plan for evil and destruction, and damnation for all eternity.

Then Came the flood. It was really a do-over. A chance to get it right, starting with one righteous man and his family. You know how the story goes; evil started all over again when man began to repopulate the world This went on for a couple of thousand years. The Lord God Almighty at that point sent His only Son to pay for the sins of man by dying on the cross and rising from the dead. The Lord Jesus Christ did this despite His rejection by man. That was the only way man sins could be paid for, because man could not do anything to rescue himself. Sins are spiritual, and man is not.

Matthew 28: 18-20 and Jesus came and spoke to them saying, all authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on Earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and low I am with you always even to the end of the age. Amen.

The Lord Jesus Christ told the apostles what they were to do. So, it started with them and each generation would add to it. Over the years there has been less and less acceptance of Jesus words, and evil is flourishing. It seems the character of man has not changed despite the Lord God Almighty sacrificing everything to help him.

These thoughts are mine the way I see it. I believe there is still hope if we sincerely repent.

2 Chronicles 7: 14, If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died on the cross and rose again to save me and to forgive all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I Repent of those sins, and I thank you and praise you for what you did to make my salvation possible. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment