Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Relationship with God


It Is Written, Revelation 3:20, behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
When someone says that you must study the Bible to have a better relationship with God, it sounds like hard work. You probably heard that you cannot earn God's favor, or blessings by your works, so what does that leave?
These statements seem to contradict each other, but do they? There is an answer that makes sense, if we examine these statements separately.
Studying the Bible does bring you closer to God, because you develop a relationship with God as you read and meditate, and really get to know Him rather than just about Him. As you study, you start to see who God really is. You get to know Him and His heart for His children.
Salvation, favor, grace, blessings, and all good things, come from God as a gift. They do not require you to purchase them with works. They cannot be bought, instead they are received by the grace of God.
Sometimes people do not understand that all believers have these gifts waiting for them. By studying the Bible, you learn about these gifts, and the only thing you have to do is to receive them. The Bible is a guide to everything, from our loving God. God bless you and your family.
 Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment