Sunday, March 19, 2017

Feelings; Good or Bad?


It Is Written, 2 Timothy 3:16, all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Feelings, is a word that describes several unconnected things. How we describe physical or mental situations by using the same word, is very unusual.
Let us start with the physical. If we have a pain or numbness in a foot for instance, we usually say we have no feeling in that foot, because numbness masks what we call normal feeling. We also use feeling to describe when we are ill, for instance I am not feeling good today.
The mental part of feelings is emotional. We say we love, are happy, angry, afraid etc. Emotions run our lives if we let them. When we love someone, we say we have feelings for them. We use the words feelings as kind of a blanket to cover whatever emotional thing we are going through at the time.
One more. When someone says something to you, or about you, that you do not like, you would probably say that they hurt your feelings. In this situation it is really pride that was hurt. Pride has destroyed or condemned  more people than anything else. God hates pride, His Word says so. Check the topic in a concordance and you may be surprised at how many verses you find. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment