Thursday, March 31, 2016

What Is A Disciple?


It Is Written, Mark 8:34, whoever desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
In Luke 14:27-33, it speaks of counting the cost before doing something. Do not deceive yourself, following Jesus has a cost that most are unwilling to pay.  The Gospels speak of loyalty to Jesus above loyalty to anyone else, including parents, spouse, children.
If you follow Jesus, all of your interests must be replaced by Jesus in your heart.  Personal interests must come last.  A follower must focus on Jesus all of the time.  They must want His will over their own interests.
As you have probably figured out by now, when you follow Jesus He will guide your steps every day. You will probably have hardships because of following Him.  At the same time you must go through what ever happens focused on Jesus.
As you can imagine, not too many people are willing to pay the price.  Praise the Lord, salvation comes through Jesus.  We do our best, but even though we are not perfect, He still loves us, and wants us to spend eternity with Him.
Bible references in regard to discipleship are, Matthew 10:37-39, Luke 14:26-27, Matthew 16:24-26, Mark 8:34-36, and Luke 9:23-25.
Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment