Sunday, March 13, 2016

Appreciate God


It Is Written, Ephesians 5:20, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
When is the last time you really appreciated what God has done in your life?  Have you ever appreciated Him?  Sad to say, but the truth is, very few people can say they have.  Why is that?
Most of us never give God a second thought.  If we think of Him at all, it is a reminder about Jesus at Christmas, or maybe the crucifixion.  Generally even on those occasions we get involved with how everyone else celebrates with Santa and the Easter Bunny.
God operates in our lives in a very quiet way.  He helps us constantly to keep us on the right track through the Holy Spirit.  If there was a way to find out how many times He kept us out of trouble, protected us from diseases, or even saved our lives, we would not believe how big the number would be.
When God sent His only Son to save us, He did it knowing what would happen to Him.  He wanted to rescue us that much, because He loved us that much.  Jesus even became one of us to experience life as we know it.
When Jesus was crucified, He did it to atone for our sins with His blood.  His beatings were suffered in order to heal us spiritually and physically. When Jesus rose from the dead, He conquered death and satan, and gained eternal life for us, and restored to us what satan stole from Adam and Eve.
You could write many books explaining why we should appreciate God.  The two biggest things in my mind are, the fact that my sins are all forgiven, and I receive salvation and eternal life.
There's no way to imagine how long forever is, but I'm sure thankful that I will spend it with Him.  The idea of our God not being appreciated was an awakening to me.  I was no better about it than anyone else, but I thank God He made it known to me.  Now I begin in will my small way to really appreciate the countless blessings in my life.  Have a blessed day.        Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment