Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Battle Of The Mind


It Is Written, Romans 7:23, but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
1 Peter 5:8, be sober, be vigilant;  because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Do you realize that all of your success and failure occurs in your mind first? There is a constant battle between good and evil all of the time in the average person's mind.
Suppose you get a thought in your head, that you know in your heart is wrong.  Your brain will try to rationalize that thought to try and get your heart or conscience to accept it.  The battle begins.  Your heart and brain continue to fight each other until a decision is reached.
Look at the world around you.  Whether you give in to peer pressure, wanting to be like everyone else, you think it's fun, or any of a number of reasons, the battle goes on until it is decided.
Maybe you say you are a person of faith, and you have accepted Jesus, and follow Him.  You have discernment so you can't be deceived so easy. Really?
Let me pass this one by you.  Prayer is the big reason for a battle in the mind.  You pray for something, and believe you will receive what you ask.  A couple of days goes by and you haven't received it yet.  The brain goes into action at incredible speed and trickery in order to get you to doubt, so that your prayer will not be answered.  Again it goes on until there is a winner.
Here's one thought to keep in mind.  You can stop satan in his tracks by using the authority Jesus gave you.  That authority is activated by using the name of Jesus.  If you know what is right, and you get thoughts contrary to that, rebuke satan immediately by standing on the authority and name of Jesus.  When that happens to me, I look at it as similar to the thorn in Paul's side.  Jesus told him he had the power to get rid of it.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment