Thursday, January 7, 2016

Prayer


It Is Written, Philippians 4:6,  be anxious for nothing,  but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Prayer is difficult for many people.  Most people think that prayer is a long drawn out process.  Many people were raised in a religion that kept them distant from God.  And of course you have people that say that they don't know how to pray.
Let me put your mind at ease on some of these points.  First of all, we believe that we talk straight to God.  Yes, I said talk to God.  No middleman, no going through someone.  A person that is saved becomes righteous through Christ, and becomes a child of God, and speaks directly to God.
When you pray, realize you are talking to your new father.  Relax and pour your heart out to Him.  Tell Him everything that is on your mind and heart about the subject you need help with.  When you think about God listening, imagine yourself listening to your child.  The difference is He is much more so.
When you pray, start by asking God for forgiveness if you have sin on your heart.  If you ask according to God's will, your prayer will be answered every time.  Receiving your request depends on your faith.  The keys to answered prayer are sincerity, and faith.
 We could go on and on for a week or more talking about prayer.  This is rather simplified but as I said it is a very deep subject.  We could probably write for a week or more and still have a long way to go.  In any case just relax and trust God, and you will be surprised at what God considers prayer.
A reminder about the prayer group we are trying to start.  Join any time.  In the next couple of days I will contact those who expressed an interest.  Just comment, or send me an email to join us or ask about it.  Thank you.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment