Monday, January 11, 2016

Prayer = Blessings


It Is Written, Matthew 18:20, for where two or three are gathered together in My Name, I am there in the midst of them.
This message is meant to help many people get a better understanding of what prayer is.  From conversations with the number of people,  it became pretty clear that a lot of people were still going by ritualistic types of prayer.
Look at prayer as a conversation with God.  When you talk to God, you don't have to worry about whether He understands your problems or not, He does.  He expects you to tell Him the deepest thoughts in your heart. You can expect no condemnation.
When you pray, especially for someone else, it is in effect praising Him. How can that be?  When you pray, you are telling God that you have faith in Him and you trust Him.  So whether you knew it or not, every time you prayed, you were praising God.  The fact that a person forgets about himself and prays for someone else, makes God smile and bless you.
Then you have some people that do not pray because they feel they don't know the right words, or prayer takes too long.  Both of these ideas are wrong.  God wants your words from the heart.  Even if you just say, Jesus I love you, it ranks up there with all of the most eloquent prayers ever prayed.  When you consider what prayer really is, you can pray 100 times a day and not even realize it.  Prayers like, I thank you Lord, Lord I could use some help, Lord what is the best way to do this?  Every little thing could be a prayer of praise.  You don't have to be on your knees for hours.
Praying for someone can be very easy.  You see someone and you say in your heart, Lord bless that person in Jesus name, or Lord help that person in Jesus name.
Prayer groups are just collections of people that agree in prayer for certain things.  It could be for leaders, peace on earth, against a disease.  The verse at the beginning of this message is true.  Can you imagine what 500, or 1000 or 10,000 people around the world praying for the same thing could do?
It could change the world with miracles and blessings, that's what!  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment