Sunday, December 27, 2015

Time For Resolutions


It Is Written, Psalm 128:2, when you eat the labor of your hands, you shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
Well, here we are, at the time of year when we plan our resolutions for the new year.  Most people laugh and tease each other about how long they will last, comments that your spiritual self takes seriously.  Most of us pronounce failure before we start by the words we use.
Keeping resolutions can be a part of your life, with less effort than you may think.  In the first place, instead of just blurting out just any old thing, think about what you really would like to change.  Pick a few categories and name two or three resolutions in each.
After you make your list, assume that you will be successful in whatever you choose.  Even if you pick just one thing, and you make it happen, you have a victory, and you are a winner.
Let me give you an example of a category.  Spiritual.  Read the Bible regularly, be kind and forgiving, be helpful, financially and/or physically.
Other categories could be, parenting, financially, work, family time as with the children, and so on.  Pick one or two of what you come up with and make up your mind that you will win.  Put past attempts where they belong, in the past.
Consider making Jesus your personal Savior by saying and meaning the prayer of salvation.  When you do, you are considered born again.  You are a child of God, and a new person with a new life.
Whether you are ready for that last step, is between you and Jesus.  I have practiced a method for success in resolutions as described.  You can do it. Speak positive words at all times, and leave the past in the past.  Normally someone would say good luck.  I say, you are a winner, just do it in Jesus name.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment