Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy Birthday Jesus


It Is Written, John 3:16-17, for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17) for God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Ask any true Christian what the most profound events in history are, and they would probably say Christmas, the crucifixion of Jesus, and Jesus resurrection.
If I think about how they rank in importance to man, it seems to me it would probably be a tie.  It takes all three for man to be saved, so I guess the best place to start is at the beginning.
The birth of Jesus started everything.  We see the unconditional love of the father for man.  For God to send His only Son to save sinful man is beyond description of love.
Jesus obeyed His Father and the plan to save mankind.  He did it knowing that He would be hated and abused by most people.  Imagine going through what Jesus did for all people while knowing only a small percentage would love Him and come to Him.
We are who we are, just ordinary people saved by grace.  The only thing we can do is acknowledge what Jesus did for us by worshiping Him and trying to live our lives the way He wants us to.
I think it would be nice if we could celebrate Jesus birthday on the actual date of His birth.  It seems a shame that we celebrate His birthday when it's so conflicted with everything else.  The way Christmas is celebrated by most people, it is obvious that most of us don't really appreciate what Christmas means.
Jesus said we should all love one another.  He wasn't talking about mushy love.  He wants us to be kind, helpful, generous, truthful and so on with the people He sends our way.  We should, as much as possible reflect Jesus love to everyone we meet.  That my friends is the best way we can celebrate His birthday.
One last thing.  Don't forget your happy birthday Jesus cake for dessert after Christmas dinner.  It has become a tradition with some people I know and it really is a good way for younger people to get the right idea.  Have a blessed Christmas.  And praise the Lord!
In case you're wondering why this message is now  instead of next week, I felt I was led to write this before there was too much going on for anyone to pay any attention to it.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thak You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment