Monday, December 21, 2015

Really Give This Thought


It Is Written, Romans 10:9, if you confess with your mouth to the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
In my quiet time this morning, I was thinking about what Christmas really means to me.  I thought of some feel good verses like the Romans 10:9. They are not just feel good verses, they are the truth.
What saddens me is that they are not true for everyone.  Every religion has their own version of God, and most claim to be the only true faith.  So I made a list similar to a pros and cons list.  As you read this list apply it to the religion you follow.
A God that loves people so much, that He died to forgive everyones sins.
Guaranteed salvation for believers.
Lack of man-made rules, regulations, and rituals.
Teaches love and forgiveness for all.
Direct communication with God, no middleman.
Forgives all sins, past, present, future.
Miracles and blessings for those who believe.
There is only one God who does these things and more.  One God who fulfilled all of the prophecies until the present time.  That one God is Jesus Christ.
I suppose many people think Christianity is too simple to be real.  It has to be simple because God designed it that way.  Ephesians 2:8, for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;  it is the gift of God.
In Christianity it is not a situation where you work and work to try to earn Heaven, and never know until you die that it didn't work.  It pays to really give some thought to what you believe and follow because it's a decision that will last forever.  One thing all of us must remember, even if we are atheists.  At the end of time the Bible says that all men will acknowledge God and kneel to Him.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment