Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Setting The Tone


It Is Written, Psalm 39:7, and now, Lord, what do I wait for?  My hope is in you.
Psalm 39 is about wisdom and forgiveness.  As with the Psalms, David is pouring his heart out to God.  This one is concerned with things that cause pain because of injustice, it's causing indignation, and how quick life goes when you reach the end.  In life you must depend on God.
The things David says to God, remind many of us how we feel sometimes. As the old cliché says, I can relate to that.  Most of what we consider injustice, or bad breaks, or lack of direction, do have a fix that can eliminate the problems before they ever happen.
If we realize that we can do nothing on our own, except get in trouble, we have taken the first step to wisdom.  We must put aside our pride and realize Jesus is the only answer.
Consider this.  How you start the day, determines how your day will go. Just look at the last two weeks.  How did your day start and how did the rest of it go?
I would like to suggest a small experiment to prove it to you, thereby greatly improving your day.  For one month, get up a half hour earlier.  Go to a room that is private.  Talk to God from your heart.  Tell Him everything that is on your mind.  In doing so you are actually praying, and God will hear.  Next read two or three chapters in the Bible.  Take your time and think about what you read.  Start with Proverbs or the gospel of John.  Then dedicate your day to the Lord and ask for wisdom and discernment. Make a conscious effort to say thank you Lord, during the day.
All of this may seem like old stuff, and a lot to do, but when you do it with the right attitude, you will find it is no problem.  After the month, you will probably feel so good about the improvement in your life, you'll probably keep doing it.  Remember God rewards those who seek Him with all their heart.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
ThankYou Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment