Monday, December 28, 2015

New Year Thoughts


It Is Written, 1 John 5:14, now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.
As is typical for most people at this time of the year, I thought about the new year as a logical time to look at ways to improve who I am.  I think most of us look for ways to make changes that either make someone else, or ourselves feel better.  I'll list a couple of my needed improvements, and maybe they will ring a bell with you too.
 One area of much-needed improvement in most people's lives including mine would be boosting faith to a higher level.  Many people when confronted with a problem, have a tendency to reason it out and then act. A better idea would be to ask the Lord for wisdom and an answer before  doing anything.
Another thing most of us could improve on in this coming year, is to try harder to reflect Jesus light and love in all our dealings with other people.  A lighthouse is priceless in a storm.  The light fills the darkness and points to safety.  Most people we meet are in darkness and enduring the storms of life.  Jesus is the light to a safe haven, and we should be the lighthouse.
I think if we can improve in these two areas, we'll all be taking a big step in God's plan for us.  The best part is, the only thing we really need to change, is to take more and better advantage of the power of prayer.  Jesus answers and the Holy Spirit makes it happen.
I do not presume to say that all of us have the same idea, but I do say whatever you decide this coming year,  go to Jesus first, and as often as possible.  We are all winners when we follow him.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment