Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Escape?


It Is Written, Psalm 55:6-8,  so I said, oh that I had wings like a dove!  I would fly away and be at rest.  Indeed, I would wander far off, and remained in the wilderness.  I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.
In the life of all human beings, the thought in this verse, brings back a memory that all of us have had at one time or another.  Sometimes we couldn't help feeling that running away from something would solve the problem.
Running away very seldom helps anything.  The reason is the problem is in our minds.  The problem gets bigger or smaller, depending on how we think about it.  Our surroundings only play the role that our minds give it.
When we run away, we take our minds with us.  In so doing, even though surroundings seem more pleasant, we find that what we ran away from came with us.
I read something in a psychology book years ago that struck me.  "Nothing is either good or bad, the mind makes it so" in plain language, if we don't allow something to become a problem in the first place, it is not a problem.
We cannot avoid situations, but we can choose how we deal with them. Avoid knee-jerk reactions.  Think about it a minute.  Look at the situation with a cool head and ask yourself,  is it something you want to be upset about, or should you overlook it.
When you have Jesus on your side, just ask  Him to handle it.  Trust Him, and listen for the right thing to do.  To some people this may seem ridiculous, but to believers it is a normal thing to do.
While some people go to another place to try to solve a problem, believers go to Jesus.  Instead of taking a problem with you, you can give it to Jesus and enjoy peace.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment