Tuesday, October 10, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Knowing The Real God

Hebrews 8:12, For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more. 

Many people think of God the Father as mean, anxious to punish, and unjust. as well as many other descriptions that are totally wrong. Most of the people who feel this way don’t read or understand the Bible. They get their information from other people who didn’t understand either.

Today we’ll look at a few facts about our Father God. To really explain everything about our Lord it would require the whole Bible plus several commentaries as well as some knowledgeable teachers. But in the brief space we have we will do our best.

1 Peter 2:10, Once you were not a people but now you are God’s people, once you had not received mercy but now you have received mercy.

A quality of God that is hardly mentioned is His unlimited forgiveness and mercy toward every one of us. I don’t know about you, but I would not subject my son to what the Lord Jesus Christ went through for people who hated Him. He did it because God has mercy on us, and  the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ washed away our sins. I’d say that was a pretty high price, not exactly the kind of thing an evil person or mean person would do.

Psalm 145:18-19, The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him and hears their cry and saves them.

You may not realize it but God is near to us even when we are not near to him. God has patience toward us that we cannot begin to imagine. He doesn’t condemn us. We condemn ourselves when we don’t take the time and effort to learn and understand who almighty God is.

Don’t cherry pick the Bible and look for errors and believe what you like and reject what you don’t. One day God’s patience will run out. He will finally say enough is enough. It is time to figure out where you want to be standing, with Him or against Him?

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash away my sins. I acknowledge my sins and Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment