Sunday, October 29, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

Thankful Or Grateful

Ephesians 5:20, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Many of us have been trained as youngsters to be thankful if someone gave us something. As we get older, it gets more complicated. The words grateful and gratitude come into the picture.

As a young person I believed all of these words had similar meanings. In a way they do, but other things enter into it too. Most of my life I was not too good at showing thankfulness, even though I was thankful. I think this is a common problem. People expect to be thanked as it shows acceptance of a kind act and that we are happy. That in turn makes them happy.

Colossians 3:17, and whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

The fact is you really must look at the words and make judgments as to how they apply. If someone gives you a card for your birthday you generally will say thank you. Grateful, however, is a whole different story in my opinion. The Lord Jesus Christ died and rose again to save us and forgive our sins, should we be thankful for grateful?

I believe thankful and grateful are matters of the heart. Saying thanks is a polite reaction to someone who gives or does ordinary things. When something really important takes place, it is above the ordinary, and requires a response that is above the ordinary, and that means gratitude.

In my own opinion, if God did it, I am deeply grateful and I try to do better. In life, kind acts deserve sincere thanks. It all comes down to how you look at it. It certainly is no crime whichever way you acknowledge something that was good or kind.  God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment