Sunday, October 15, 2023

God's Promises Sunday

Almighty God Is Our Father

Psalm 103:13, As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him.

For this message to be understood more fully we must look at some background in the way we look at Father God.

My Earthly father was by most standards a pretty good father. He was a good provider for his family, but it pretty well stopped there. My brother and I had no reason to doubt his love as he was like the fathers of our friends.

The biggest negative was that he never did much with us. Hugs and signs of affection were for “sissies”. We later figured out that he was following what he knew and how his father was.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father on Earth for you have one Father who is in Heaven.

John 14:23, Jesus answered him if anyone loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

When I became a Christian I had no problem with the Lord Jesus Christ, but I did have a problem relating to the Father. Subconsciously I was comparing Father God to my earthly father.

My earthly father was not always fair or just. He forgot promises. I finally realized in my later years that he was just human and doing his best. A common fault among earthly beings.

Proverbs 15:5, A fool despises his father’s instruction but whoever heeds reproof is prudent.

When I started to trust in Father God it was for small things. I cautiously started to expand my trust. I am now and always have been a skeptic like no other. That added to the problem.

One day when I was praying, I asked God to make Himself known to me so that even I could believe the way I wanted to. Oh boy did He ever.

Psalm 91:4, He will cover you with His pinions and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

I started visualizing His wings wrapped around me the way a bird protects its young. As a matter of fact, I took Psalm 91 as my personal protection plan from God.

I didn’t really believe that you can’t outgive God until I tried it. Boy was I wrong. I was wrong about everything. I’m telling you, today I believe every single word the Bible says. More later

Luke 1:37, For nothing will be impossible with God.

Philippians 4:20, To our God and Father be glory forever and ever Amen.

God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again to wash it away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment