Sunday, February 26, 2023

Praise The Lord Anyway

Many, many moons ago, when I was much younger, I made a number of decisions that proved costly to me in more ways than one. There were many reasons for these blunders, and they all pointed to me.

I made hasty decisions, emotional decisions, and decisions I made because of circumstances I created. I had many bad days that caused anger, despair, and a feeling that it was all just a nightmare.

My mother-in-law was the Christian that personified what a Christian should be. She loved Jesus so much that she seemed to glow when she mentioned His name.

I believe the Holy Spirit gave her discernment, because she never pushed Jesus on anyone, especially me. She did it in a soft, gentle, loving way. One day she gave me a paperback book with the title “Praise The Lord Anyway”. When she gave me the book, all she said was, this is a good book, I thought you might like it. That was all she said.

Being who I was at the time, I thanked her politely, and put it in a drawer when I got home. It stayed there for a few years. One day I saw it when I was looking for something else, and I picked it up for some reason and started to read it.

At first, what it said seemed almost impossible to do. I found I could not put it down, even though I was beginning to think that there was no way I could  possibly do what it said. I read the entire book that day. During the next few days I decided to try it on something simple. I will now tell you how it works.

Let's say you were on your way to work. The car in front of you seems to be poking along. What happens next is a real test. He makes the light and you don't. Time to Praise the Lord anyway. You praise the Lord, and do not cuss the other driver, and peace returns to you.

Psalm 42:11, Why, my soul, are you so dejected? Why are you in such turmoil? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God.

To make a long story short, it took me a while to remember to do it, and to overlook what I was upset about. That really was the beginning of my trip to Salvation.The whole trick is you must stick with it for at least a week or two. You can't just try it once or twice and give up on it because you convince yourself it's no good. I know my mother-in-law is in Heaven, and smiling about how her love and kindness introduced me to the Lord Jesus Christ. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

 Remember Jesus loves you.

 Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment