Sunday, February 12, 2023

God’s Word Is Truth

2 Timothy 3:16-17, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for direction, for instruction and righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 

Many people never read the Bible. There are all kinds of reasons for that, most of them do not hold water as they say. Common excuses are, I don’t have time, it is written by men, it is out of date, there are too many things wrong in the Bible. While, most people would agree with these reasons the vast majority of those who agree with it never even looked at the Bible.

This is not condemnation my friends, but an attempt to show you how important the Word of God is. First of all, the Bible was written for your salvation. If the cost of salvation was one chapter per day of meditation, would that be too high a price for eternity with God? 

The men that wrote the Bible did so over hundreds of years. They were told to write the words they wrote by God himself. When we read the Bible, we just can’t take words out of context or go by what we think. If you read the Old Testament and see it from God’s position, you will find He is not mean, and constantly punishing everybody, as many believe. As far as the Bible being out of date, we aren’t supposed to change the Bible, it is supposed to change us.

Hebrews 13: 8, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

I am not alone when I say that I wish I had known God and His words years ago. We don’t realize what a treasure it is. Following and living by God’s word leads to a well-lived life, and eternity with Him. We need to read the Bible in order to know the blessings that believers are entitled to. How can you know God and who He is and what He can and will do for those who love Him, if you don’t follow the truth as it is written? 

1 Thessalonians 5: 24, He who calls you is faithful, who will also do it.

Romans 4: 7, Blessed are those who’s  lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

1 John 2:25, And this is the promise that He has promised us-eternal life.

My friends the truth is that what we can do for God with our best efforts is like we are the tiniest star, and He is the whole universe times infinity. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment