Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Tongue



It Is Written, James 1:26, if anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.
It Is Written, Proverbs 18:21, death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
There are dozens of verses in the Bible about the tongue and it's power for destruction. Even though the tongue can be a force for good, by uplifting people and speaking positive things, most of the time it is used for destruction of people and their reputations.
One of the biggest offenders is gossip. Reputations and lives have been destroyed because of gossip. What starts out as a statement by one person, often grows to unbelievable levels, because it feeds on itself by way of the gossipers recklessness, and their willingness to hurt others. The so-called mob mentality takes effect with words.
Lying is another. There is no such thing as a small lie. Psalm 101:7 tells us what God thinks. He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; he who tells lies shall not continue in my presence. One of the 10 Commandments tells us not to bear false witness. God hates lies. Revelation 21:27 tells us, there shall by no means enter in anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
Adam and Eve lost the garden of Eden, because they were deceived by satan. He lied about the truth, and evil among mankind came into the world, and is with us today.
I believe God gave us the tongue to praise him and uplift others. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment