Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spiritual Junk Food


It Is Written, Psalm 66:18, if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.
It is no secret that exercise and a good diet, makes for a healthy body. Fast food, and no exercise, all of the time will make for an unhealthy body. The same is true for your spirit. The junk food in this case however, falls into a couple of categories.
A. Media, news channels, and  newspapers. Most are full of lies, omissions, twisting of the truth, and just plain hate.
B. Friends and coworkers who gossip, complain, and are usually negative about everything.
C. People you see in public, doing things that may cause you to judge, complain, or do something that will develop un forgiveness in your heart.
D. Pick the wrong people to associate with. Many people will do things with a group that they would not do on their own. Being with the wrong people in the wrong place can bring about a mob mentality.
At first glance you may think it is impossible to avoid all this. Here is the answer to success. Feed your spirit with God's Word every morning. Meditate on a verse that strikes you, it really helps.
In our prayers, we must approach God with a clean heart to get our requests. As you feed on the things of God, you will eventually get there. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus loves you
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment