Sunday, April 16, 2017

A True Story of God's Mercy


It Is Written, Ephesians 2:8-9, for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
I tell this true story, because I feel that someone needs to hear it. The truth of God's mercy is for anyone who receives it. I am a Christian, but this will apply to anyone who accepts Jesus as Savior, and repents, even at what could be the last minute.
On a recent Sunday morning, I was having chest pains. I asked the Lord for help, and decided to go to the emergency room. While all this was going on, I felt a real sense of peace, no concern at all about the outcome.
I was admitted, and spent two days of tests, to find out the problem. Again a sense of peace, and talking to the Lord. The results came back, and a triple bypass was the answer. There seemed to be somewhat of a hurry to do this, because I was transferred to another hospital, that had an opening for surgery.
The surgery was successful, but two days later in the evening, I developed an irregular heartbeat. Not good at any time, especially after surgery. They gave me some type of drug to counteract that problem.
As I lay in bed looking at the monitor, I spoke to the Lord. I told Him that I trusted Him, and that if I woke up seeing Him, or in my bed, either one was okay with me. Obviously I woke up in bed.
The whole point is, you can call on Jesus at any time, for any reason, and He will help. Through the entire experience, I felt God's love, peace, and His  unbelievable mercy. I can honestly say there was no fear at all, because fear cannot replace God's peace.
No matter how things seem, no matter how bad somebody says it is, turn to the Lord and trust in Him, and He will take care of everything. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment