Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Worship


It Is Written, John 4:24, God is a spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
The Hebrew and Greek words for worship mean, to prostrate oneself, to adore, put religion into practice.
All worship must come from the heart.  When you trust God, you are praising Him and worshiping Him.  The same thing is true when you follow God's will, or do good to others.
Thanking and praising God with words from the spirit, bring Him closer to you, and you closer to Him.  Worship can also include private time with the Lord, studying the Bible, or even music.
It seems that most people today figure that music is worship, and that's it. At the present time I don't know of a single church that doesn't make their music seem like a concert for young people.  When you talk to the pastors, and I have, most of them tell you they are trying to attract young people.  I think that is true to a point, but the rest of it should be what they are preaching.  Church is about getting closer to God.
I know I will probably sound like an old fogey, but my own opinion is that music must touch your soul, and when it does you automatically start to worship God.  Any music that doesn't touch your soul, is just noise.  The music is supposed to help put us in touch with God through our spirit.
I was under the impression that what they call worship music is supposed to help us worship God and is not just for us.  I'm saying only this.  Music must be for everyones soul, not just for some of us.  I'm not suggesting that we have all of one and none of the other, I think a good mix would be a good way to do it, that way everybody has a chance to have the music that touches their soul.  I would be interested to see how others feel about the same thing.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment