Thursday, July 13, 2023

The Heart Of The Matter

Proverbs 27:19, As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.

The heart of man works for good, and at times for evil. The Bible contains many verses about the heart because the heart is what the Lord Our God looks at in all cases.

Matthew 15:18-19, But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Desires are formed in the heart. These desires are usually formed by an incident of some kind. Typical desires are lust for anything, not just sexual. Covetousness and greed go together. Anger and hatred toward another person or persons are common.

Jeremiah 17:9-10, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.

Man was created with a brain. In the average person, that brain evaluates a given situation and either stops the body from fulfilling the desire or allows it. Unfortunately, the brain doesn’t always stop evil, or not always decides for good.

Psalm 119:11, I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

It is a fact that the desires of your heart will reflect the kind of life you live. Do you follow the Lord Jesus Christ or the world’s systems?

Psalm 19:14, Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Seek the Lord with all your heart, and you will find Him. Follow the Lord’s plan for you by calling on the Lord Jesus Christ to be your Savior. As you walk in God’s way your heart will be clean.

A final word. If every once in a while, you have a thought that is not in keeping with your new beliefs, cast it out immediately, and it is not a sin to you. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

Praise The Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment