Tuesday, July 18, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

A Gift To Cherish

Psalm 118:24, This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

If you are over the age of five, you probably heard this verse quoted at least a dozen times. It has become a statement made by countless individuals who hardly give it a thought. It is kind of like saying bless you when someone sneezes.

I must confess that for most of my life, I was one of those people. One day, I decided to think about what the word said. I thought to myself that it was a good thing to say if you mean it, so I had no choice except to ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten me.

Since my wife and I talk to God and pray during our coffee hour or two, I asked my wife what she thought. She mentioned the fact that we always commit each day to the Lord, asking Him to help us follow His plan for us.

The Next Step was to think about how those days worked out for us. We finally figured out that each day had many blessings, as well as times that were painful, because the Lord was teaching us something. Whatever happens, know that it is for your good in some way. If you needed another reason to rejoice, I believe that is a big one.

It didn’t take long to figure out, if we commit to God’s plan for us, each day was a day to rejoice and be glad, because we were blessed in every way, and we benefited in a big way. Because of this Awakening from the Holy Spirit, we always study verses to see what they really mean, and how they apply to daily life.

Remember this simple fact: and one of these days your Lord has made, you were saved because you were led to repent, and you asked Jesus to be your savior. How much better could it be?

Another good thing to look at as far as another day the Lord has made, is that you get a chance to do something right and according to God’s will. It is kind of nice to realize that whatever you messed up yesterday you can ask the Lord for forgiveness and try to do it the right way today. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

My Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. 

Thank you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment