Monday, October 26, 2015

What Would Jesus Do ?


It Is Written, Hebrews 2:18, for in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
I think it is pretty safe to say, that the majority of people have heard this expression at least once.  It probably started out as something said in jest, because it certainly has been used that way.
When someone offends us, cheats us, lies about us, etc.  We may well ask what would Jesus do?  He showed us what He would do during His life and crucifixion.  He said "Father forgive them, they know not what they do" as right, He still loved them and forgave them.  At the time, He was an ordinary man.
If we start asking what would Jesus do, as a guide, we will please our Father.  The Word tells us what to do in any situation.  If you don't know the Word well enough, or don't have time to check it out, do what Jesus did.  Love them anyway, and forgive them.  It covers all situations, including the ones where it is very hard to do.
As a reminder to all of us.  We are not to judge His creation, we are to love and forgive.  After all, the Creator loves us and forgives us every day, no matter how much we offend Him.
This phrase about what Jesus would do, does not work very well with frivolous things.  It is however a great thing to remember as a guide to Christian lifestyle the way it should be.  Have a blessed day.
Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment