Thursday, October 15, 2015

Steps of Faith


It Is Written, James 1:12,  "Blessed is the man who endures temptation;  for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him"
The message today is about something that affects all Christians at one time or another. That something can be called, frustration, doubt, despair, weariness, and so on.  It can build, or hit you all at once.
Whatever you call it,  it all comes from the same sources.  Let's take a look at a typical Christian. For this example, we will call him Tom.
Tom has just been born again.  He starts to read the Bible, and he runs across, "ask anything in my name" and he gets excited.  He starts to watch a couple of preachers.  The preachers are talking about what he is reading. Wow!
Our friend Tom is out in the real world, and things are not quite like he hears from the preachers.  It seems very few people think or act like him. He is surrounded by negativity, and the ways of the world.
Tom tries his best to believe, but because of doubt placed in his mind from friends, he doesn't spend much time in the Word anymore.  He doesn't see his prayers answered, so more doubt, frustration and despair come in.
Jesus said I will never leave you or forsake you.  If a person is truly born again, Jesus will not let him go, but will send someone to that person to get them back on track.
I had a dream that helped me understand, and I hope it helps you too. I pictured a long stairway called faith.  It had about 1000 steps to get to the top.  It seemed impossible to climb that high.  As I looked at it though, I noticed a series of platforms on the steps.  A little voice said to me, those are places to rest and pull yourself together before you continue on.
Faith is that way.  Tom took the steps and got tired.  Just as he felt that he wasn't going to make it, he got to a platform (help sent from God} where he could gather his strength and courage.
No matter how many steps, and no matter how many stops, Jesus will give us the strength to get to the top if we only persevere.  Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment