Monday, October 12, 2015

Unintentional Judging



It Is Written, Romans 14:13, therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brothers way.
Everyone judges someone else.  You may not even realize you are doing it. A prime example of what I'm talking about is driving.  On any day you drive, you are likely to become angry with someone, because you think that they lacked courtesy, or they do something to benefit themselves, even it puts others in danger.
Another example is when shopping.  Parking lots are notorious.  A big reason for judging someone is when you see a perfectly healthy looking person parking in a handicapped spot.  How about someone ahead of you when checking out, like the one who always holds everything up.
Another example is when you think you are helping someone.  You insist your way is right and theirs is wrong.  You try to correct everything, even before they do it.
The hardest thing comes up when you're trying to help loved ones.  When you see them about to make a terrible mistake, you point out, or bring up something about the past,  just to try to get their attention.  You try to do it in a loving sympathetic way, but unfortunately it does not come across that way, it comes across as judging them.  So even if what you trying to do seems good, it can cause more harm.  Unless it is life-threatening, the wiser thing would be to keep quiet.
A lmost everything in life is learned by doing.  Mistakes can be a very good teacher.  People remember mistakes.  Instead of getting angry as in the first example and running the risk of hard feelings as in the second example, the answer is simple.  Instead of getting upset, put all of these things in God's hands.  Since He is the creator, only He can fix any problems with His creation.
I must admit I have been guilty on all counts in the past.  It took quite a while for me to realize I was judging people.  I'm happy to say I have been working on it with the help of the Holy Spirit, and I have improved.  Well let's put it this way, I think I have.  Have a blessed day.  Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me.  Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation.  Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment