Thursday, October 6, 2022

The Messiah

Isaiah 9:6, For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder and His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

As most of us know, Jesus Christ was called the anointed one, or the chosen one. Anointing was something that the Hebrews were familiar with.

Kings, priests, and such, as well as prophets were anointed or chosen for whatever duty they were to perform. Most people do not know the significance of Jesus being the Chosen One.

Elisha, Aaron, Samuel, David, Saul,  just a few examples of people who were anointed. Samuel for instance anointed Saul and later David. So what is special about Jesus being anointed?

Jesus was anointed by God Himself. Jesus Is God. He is Lord of the universe and all that is in it. He is the master, possessing supreme power and authority. There was none before and will never be another like Him. He is the one and only.

John 1:32-34, and John bore witness saying, I saw the Spirit descending from Heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water and said to me, upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit and I have seen and testify that this is the Son of God.

The Bible tells us we are to pray in the name of Jesus. Since I became a Christian, many moons ago, I have used His name in countless prayers because I believe there is unbelievable power in that name.

Just recently, I started praying in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am acknowledging Him as master of everything, and I am telling God our Father that I realized the awesome power in that name.

When I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, it seems to increase my faith and trust. I believe if we use that name, it will change everything. Talk about boost in faith. You will find that you don't even have to think about it, you just believe what you're praying. Amen Praise The Lord! 

John 14:6, Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me.

God bless you and your family.     Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment