Tuesday, January 4, 2022

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Is Wisdom Late

Proverbs 19:20, Listen to counsel and receive instruction so that you may be wise later in life.

You are never too old to learn. Sometimes wisdom does in fact come with old age. Sometimes it arrives at a time you would least expect, like when you are relaxing and not actively thinking.

I had such an experience the other day. Allow me to set the background first. Have you ever noticed how often a person has an occupation or business that a father or family member had? It's the same thing with jobs, education, Etc.

I used to think about people that received real guidance in early life. I was raised by first-generation Americans who only knew how things worked in the old country. Get a job and keep it until you die.

While doing what I do best, relaxing, it popped into my head that I had a major failure in my lifetime, that caused my number one regret. When you are faced with something like that, you are faced with three options. You can try to forget it, rationalize it, or see if you can change going forward.

Now to the point. Many of you are in a position to avoid this regret. Please give serious thought to what I now tell you. You may not realize you are doing what I did.

When you become a parent, you have received someone who God expects you to care for according to His will. He wants each child to spend eternity with Him. Our job with guidance from the Holy Spirit, is to teach them who Jesus is, and to follow His word in the Bible.

 Before you say the child is too young for the Bible, consider this. There are children's books of Bible stories. Read them to your children every day. Make sure you have family time, listen to what your children are saying, pray about it, and work with them on a solution.

Proverbs 22:6, start a youth out on his way, even when he grows old he will not depart from it.

 As a child grows, they need constant guidance in spiritual and secular things that come up. Help them make life decisions, while not imposing your ideas on them.

Much of what your child will turn out to be, is determined by your example, not just words. Be prayerful and helpful. True success is not determined by position or finances. True success is living according to God's Will, and going back to Him, when He calls us home. 

Ephesians 6 :4, fathers, don't stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. 

Colossians 3: 21, fathers do not exasperate your children, so that they won't become discouraged.

God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment