Tuesday, January 11, 2022

My Time With Jesus Tuesday (Reassurance)

 

Psalm 23:1-4

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He leads me to lie down in green pastures

He restores my soul

He leads me in the paths of righteousness

for His namesake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley

of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me,

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

I was reading this Psalm the other day, and something I heard a long time ago came to mind. A friend and I were talking about Psalm 23 and the nature of sheep. Sheep are easily frightened. The least thing makes them panic and start to run. However, when the shepherd is around, they relax. They instinctively know that the shepherd will protect them, feed them, give them water, and take care of them at all times.

If you try to imagine yourself in a situation like the sheep, where someone provides for you the way the Shepherd provides for the sheep, how peaceful would your life be? Total comfort and well-being would probably be your answer.

Okay. We know that the shepherd represents Jesus, and the sheep represent us. God does take care of us, and provides for us, according to his riches in Heaven. He loves us with no limit or conditions. You can imagine how a sheep feels being carried on the shoulders of the shepherd in total safety, imagine yourself being carried on God's broad shoulders.

The Bible is full of verses and stories about how God loves us, carries us, and blesses us. As I write this message, I am reminded about Psalm 91 and the similarity and thought to Psalm 23. Attached is a copy of Psalm 91. See what you think. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you That

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment