Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Envy Has Friend's


It Is Written, Galatians 5:19-21, now the works of the flesh are evident, which are; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, deceptions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, rivalries, and the like; of which I tell you before hand, just as I told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Envy is defined as a feeling of discontented or resentful longing, aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck. As you can see from the above verse, envy keeps company with a lot of other sinful things according to the Lord.
Many people use expressions such as, I envy so-and-so's great job, house, car, or whatever. You may have even said or felt what is often called, a little jealous.
There is no such thing as a little sin in God's eyes. Maybe that is because every evil thought, leads to other evil thoughts. Envy and its closest sister jealousy, can even lead to anger against God. People blame God because they don't have what they think they deserve. There is no need to make any other kind of a list of possible sins, they are all listed in Galatians 5:19-21, today's verse.
Remember this important point. This is a fallen world, because it goes against God's Word. It is what God thinks, that we should follow, not what the world or some politician thinks. Just because people, or a government, approve of something, it doesn't mean it is right. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment