Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Holy Spirit Baptism


It Is Written, Acts 2:38, then Peter said to them, repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
There seems to be some confusion, or lack of knowledge about the Holy Spirit as far as baptism is concerned. Many do not understand, or were not taught the difference between receiving the Holy Spirit at salvation, and baptism in the Holy Spirit.
When we are saved, we automatically received the fruits of the Holy Spirit as written in Galatians 5:22-23. These are evidences of the renewed inner  man, and a sign to others that Jesus is in our lives.
The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate thing. This baptism is by choice.. You must want to be baptized. The baptism may be performed by a pastor, or any spirit filled Christian for that matter, by a simple prayer, such as, I baptize you in the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.1 Corinthians 12:7-11 explains the gifts of the Holy Spirit, when you are baptized in Him.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit are what I call power gifts. The Holy Spirit was the power that enabled Jesus to do the same thing. In other words as Jesus Himself said, and John 14:12, most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to my father.
Faith built and maintained by reading and meditating on the Word of God, unlocks the power of the Holy Spirit in a believer's life. Do yourself a big favor, and read 1 Corinthians 12:7-11. God bless you and your family.   Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment