Thursday, December 8, 2016

Trust


It Is Written, Proverbs 3:5-6, trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
These verses are the answer to life, and believe me, it is no exaggeration. It's usually pretty difficult to follow these instructions, because we like to think that we are in charge. But if we want peace and happiness in our lives, it is essential. I'm sure I'm not the only one that found out the hard way, and it cost me. This is a brief story of my experience. I tell this is an example from real life.
From the time I was very young, I had confidence in my abilities such as they were. Everything came pretty easy to me in school and later at work. I was pretty good at problem solving, and since I had no lack of confidence, I fell into planning all kinds of things.
A strange thing began to happen. Things that absolutely should have worked, didn't. Things that shouldn't have happened, did. Everything I touched or did, according to my plans, turned into a disaster.
It finally dawned on me that when everything was going good I really wasn't a part of it. It's like when I didn't think about it, God did. As a result of all of this, I went for years having successes that had nothing to do with me, but with the grace of God in my life. It was like the footprints in the sand poem. When I decided to plan things my way, I actually took myself away from God, so He let me do it my way. When I stayed out of the picture, then He took over, and things went right.
So it is, when we finally realize the truth of this verse, and start trusting God, He will take care of us. I guess I don't have to tell you that I have reached the point where I let the Lord Himself direct everything in my life, and I just enjoy His love and peace. Try it you'll like it. God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You Lord
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment