Tuesday, November 22, 2022

True Thanksgiving

Ephesians 5: 20, Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is the time of year we set aside to thank God for all the blessings we have received from Him. Most of us thank God for the usual blessings. Our family, our health, the food we eat, and sometimes for our jobs. Unfortunately, many of us just say the words without much thought behind those words.

Most of us have more than enough, so it is easy to get to where we take everything for granted. People who have nothing, including no place to sleep, are grateful even for a half of a baloney sandwich. I do include myself in this complacent category by the way. At least it used to be that way.

One day I decided to really put some thought into what I was genuinely thankful for. It was an eye-opener. First of all, I realized how important it was that God Almighty gave His only Son to come to Earth to forgive my sins because there was no way for me to pay for those sins.

Then Jesus gave His life in an excruciating death. He rose again. The Bible tells us that because of His broken body we are healed. His blood washed away our sins. His resurrection made eternal life possible for us. God gave us the Holy Spirit to teach, guide, and help us. To see where this is in the Bible read Isaiah chapter 53.

All we must do to be truly thankful is look at what we have that others don’t. I’m not speaking of material things. I’m speaking of things like both legs work, both arms work, I can see, I can hear. The list goes on and on.

Just remember that God allows everything that happens. He knows and sees everything, and each thing is a part of His master plan that will turn out for the good to all those who love Him.

Romans 8: 28, And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

1 Thessalonians 5: 18, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

So, my friends be thankful for everything even though at times it may seem difficult. Love and treasure the Lord Jesus Christ because He died for you and me so we could have eternity with Him. In the scheme of things, do you see the big picture, nothing else really matters as much as the salvation of each of us and our families and friends. Be truly thankful for all that God has given you. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all my sins and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise The Lord!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment