Tuesday, May 31, 2022

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

Where Your Focus Is

Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Over the years, most of us have been told by many preachers that we must focus on God. We heard how we should trust God no matter how bad our situation is. Faith is required to have prayers answered, Jesus and believing will get it done. all of this is true, but. 

Isaiah 26:3, You will keep the mind that is dependent on you in perfect peace, for it is trusting in you.

Colossians 3:2, Set your mind on things above, not on Earthly things.

As a result of many teachings in the Bible, people became frustrated and eventually gave up. Maybe that was you, I know it was me at one time. Guess what my friends, it was most people. Paul is called the greatest Apostle who ever lived. He wrote most of the New Testament , but Paul had trouble at times too and probably some doubts of his own. Let's look at Paul's own words.

Romans 7:14-20, For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I am doing, because I do not practice what I want to do, but I do what I hate. Now if I do what I do not want to do, I agree with the law that it is good. So now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, and my flesh. Or the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it.

So there you have it, one of the greatest Apostles if not the greatest of all time seems like he was confused and frustrated and didn't know what to do, so don't feel bad, all of us have problems. As a matter of fact in that letter, Paul was trying to tell the Roman believers that what they were going through was common. He was telling them that everyone slips, usually many times while they are growing in faith. Again I say, that includes you and me.

If you read about the big heroes of God in the Bible, David, Solomon, Moses, Job, and countless others, you will see that they experienced many of the things we deal with and more. No Saints, just people that ended up working for God, by the grace of God.

Proverbs 16:3, Commit your activities to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

It is a fact that if we want to succeed in anything, we must focus on the prize, and not give up. It's like a baby learning to walk. Baby steps, and eventually running. just because we get a little confused or things don't go exactly the way we expect them to, it does not mean God isn't working in our lives. Focus on God's love for you and all of His promises as outlined in the Bible.  Hang in there and you will receive the prize in the end. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve Only You. 

Praise The Lord! 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment