Sunday, August 8, 2021

The Bible Is About Life

It Is Written, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Many believers make the same mistake about the Bible. I know I did. We think we are doing something special, if we read the Bible in one year. Almost every Bible gives a reading plan to do that.

Unless you are a super brain, you will miss most of the really good stuff. Don't get me wrong, it is so much better than not reading it, but consider this.

When you eat your favorite food, do you just swallow it, or do you take your time to enjoy the flavor?

Not too many moons ago, I thought about how I was reading it. I read the Bible five or six times in the past, but I wasn't getting that, can't wait to read it again feeling.

Well I started again with Romans. This time I decided to take two weeks, read it slowly, and meditate on the verses. I read a chapter, went back and read it again, then studied it two or more times, until I felt that I got everything it had to say. Everything opened up to me, and I really got excited about it. I now have a passion for the Bible, that grows every day. Do yourself a favor, and slow down, and taste God's Word. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise The Lord

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment