Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Last Time

 Luke 12 :16-20

Jesus spoke a parable to them saying, the ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself saying, what shall I do, since I have no more room to store my crops? So he said, I will do this, I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my goods and crops. And I will say to my soul, soul, you have many goods laid up for many years, take your ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said to him, Fool! This night your soul will be required of you, then whose will those things be which you have provided?

I don’t know about You, but to me it is one of the verses that sends a chill up my spine. The amazing truth about this versus though, it is also one of the best verses to get you thinking. Let's look at a few biblical examples to get us thinking. 

Matthew 24 36 - 39 , 44

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. As in the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the son of man be, for as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the Ark and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man be. And therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

As you can see by these examples people had no clue when the end was coming,  so you're probably asking, what has that got to do with me? I'm glad you asked.

Let's start with the people you love. If you were with one or all of them, and you knew you would never see them again, How would you act ? 

If your son or daughter had something they felt was important, and they wanted to talk to you about it, and at the same time you knew you would not see either of them again, do you think you would find the time to talk to them?

The point of what I am trying to say is, you never know about the unexpected. It usually doesn't involve death, but it can still hurt. A small example from my life. For 7 years we visited our son in another state. Every time we went there, which was usually three or four times a year, I went to the outdoor shooting range.

Every time I planned the trip, it was good just thinking about it. On one visit however, I didn't go to  the range for whatever reason. I figured that it was no big deal, I would go next time. My son had to move to another country for his job, I had major surgery, and I never made it back to the range. My last visit, was my last visit.


 Okay let's sum it up.

 Accept Jesus as your personal savior now.

 Get right with God.

 Treasure your family, and be there for them.

 Be a good Christian leader for your family.

 Don't put off important things.

 Always be loving and kind.

 Always ask what Jesus would do in a situation.

 Get future news from the Bible. 

Remember this, someday will be the last time, and it will be when we least expect it.  God bless you and your family. Praise the Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins, and come into my heart as my personal savior. I want to serve only you. 

Praise the Lord! 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment